Simple Pizza Dough
- 1½ kg Plain Flour sifted
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 500 ml Water
- 30 g Fresh Yeast
- 50 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix the salt with the flour.
- Mix the honey and water together and warm to around 37c. (No more)
- Add the yeast, crumbling it with your fingers.
- Do not overheat the water or the yeast will die.
- Put the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre. When the yeast is foaming, after approx 10 minutes, add the water and honey and olive oil to the flour.
- When it forms a mass, turn it out onto the bench and knead.
- Continue kneading for 8 minutes, until the dough is strong and elastic.
- Place the dough back in the bowl and allow it to prove in a warm place until the dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Now you can ball the dough for use or refrigerate until required.(Allow to reach room temp before using)