RECIPES > PIZZA RECIPE
This is a versatile dish you can serve as a side with pasta sauce or as a topping on fresh baguette for brunch. The recipe will make enough for 6-8 people when served with pasta as a main meal. Light your Wildcat oven and heat to 220C–240C. Place the shelf in the centre of the oven. Open the smoking vents. The baffle plate should be slightly open while oven is heating, then close while cooking.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 capsicums – use different colours
- 2 x 440g cans of diced tomatoes or 6 fresh tomatoes (peeled & diced)
- 1 large brown onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3–5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded, extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chop up the eggplant and zucchini into 1cm cubes
- Deseed the capsicum and slice the flesh into 1cm wide slices lengthways
- Finely chop the onion and garlic In an oven-proof dish, pour in 2 tablespoons olive oil, onions & garlic. (Do not cover dish.)
- Place in the oven until translucent.
- Add the eggplant and capsicum with the remaining olive oil & cook for a further 5–7 minutes. The tips of the capsicum will be brown.
- Now add the tomatoes, zucchini and herbs. Stir well.
- Cover with a lid or foil & cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with shredded basil leaves.
35 Marconi Drive, Dandenong South, VIC 3175 AUSTRALIA
+61 (03) 9794 9956