RECIPES > PIZZA RECIPE
BANANA SPLIT PIZZA
Ingredients (Sweet Dough)
- 2 teaspoons each of dried active yeast
- 280ml warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ½ cups bread flour
- ½ cup semolina
- 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Maple syrup
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 25g butter
- 1 teaspoon cream
Combine lemon and sugar in a frying pan over low heat, stirring until a light caramel, add butter and cream stirring mixture then remove from stove.
- Place flour and yeast in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water & olive oil and thoroughly mix together.Scrape dough out onto a floured work area.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. Put back in the bowl & cover the dough with a clean cloth.
- Place in a draught free spot for 1–1 ½ hours until it doubles in size.
- Light your Wildcat oven & heat to 250C while your dough is proving.
- Lightly dust your work area with semolina. Knock back the dough to expel trapped air.
- Add the soft brown sugar to the dough & knead briefly.
- Roll out the dough into two 30cm rounds & place on pizza stones.
- Place the banana slices over the prepared bases & bake in the pizza oven for 5–7 minutes or until the bases are golden & crisp.
- Remove from pizza oven & top with ice-cream.
- Drizzle over the caramel sauce & maple syrup.
35 Marconi Drive, Dandenong South, VIC 3175 AUSTRALIA
+61 (03) 9794 9956