- 500 g plain flour (’00’ pasta flour preferred)
- 10 g Fresh Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
- 2 Red chillies, pricked
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ thinly sliced Red Onion
- 100 g dry cured, spicy Chorizo Sausages, thinly sliced
- 100 g Smoked Mozzarella (or normal mozzarella)
- 100 g Salted Ricotta (or fresh ricotta)
- Handful of rocket
- Sherry vinegar
- First make the dough by combining the flour and salt in a mixer.
- Then dissolve the yeast in a little tepid water and slowly add to the dough and mix until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Allow to rest and prove until doubled in size.
- For the tomato sauce, heat a little olive oil in a sauce pan and add the garlic. Cook the garlic until it starts to become a little golden in colour. Add the pricked chillies and tinned tomatoes and simmer for ten minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- When the dough has risen, knock it back and roll on a floured surface into a rough flat circle.
- Cover the base with tomato sauce to within a centimetre of the edge.
- Scatter with the sliced red onions and chorizo.
- Dot with ricotta and grated smoked mozzarella.
- Cook in wood fired pizza oven or on a heavy metal tray in a preheated hot oven 200-250 degrees C.
- Remove from the oven when cooked and scatter the pizza with chopped rocket dressed with sherry vinegar.
- Wildcat Owners Den: Gunning down those delicious dishes! 07/06/2021
- We are on INSTAGRAM now!! 09/05/2018
- Christmas Closing Time 02/11/2017